Drama, 12 mins, 16 mm, 2005
Director / Writer / Producer
- “Halley’s Comet” was produced with the generous support of the Manitoba Arts Council, Manitoba Film and Sound, the National Film Board of Canada, the Winnipeg Film Group and the Winnipeg Arts Council.
- Curators and programmers, please email for a preview link
As she walks through the fragments of her life, a woman recalls a dying childhood friend’s dream to watch Halley’s Comet pass by the earth.
- Best Drama, San Francisco Women’s Film Festival – 2007
- Silver Wave Film Festival (Fredericton, New Brunswick) – 2007
- San Francisco Women’s Film Festival (San Francicso, USA) – 2007
- Female Eye Film Festival (Toronto, CANADA) – 2006
- Festival cinematográfico internacional del Uruguay (Montevideo, Uruguay) – 2006
- Toronto Hispano-American Film Festival (Toronto, Ontario) – 2006
- DC Independent Film Festival (Washington, USA) – 2006
CURATED SCREENINGS / EXHIBITIONS
- “Memory Work: The Films of Cecilia Araneda,” curated by Scott Birdwise, Canadian Film Institute (Ottawa, Canada) – 2010
- “a woman is not an island,” Winnipeg Cinematheque (Winnipeg, Manitoba) – 2006