12 mins, 16 mm, 2005
Director / Writer / Producer
- "Halley's Comet" was produced with the generous support of the Manitoba Arts Council, Manitoba Film and Sound, the National Film Board of Canada, the Winnipeg Film Group and the Winnipeg Arts Council.
As she walks through the fragments of her life, a woman recalls a dying childhood friend's dream to watch Halley's Comet pass by the earth.
- Best Drama, San Francisco Women's Film Festival - 2007
- Silver Wave Film Festival (Fredericton, New Brunswick) – 2007
- San Francisco Women's Film Festival (San Francicso, USA) – 2007
- Female Eye Film Festival (Toronto, CANADA) – 2006
- Festival cinematográfico internacional del Uruguay (Montevideo, Uruguay) – 2006
- Toronto Hispano-American Film Festival (Toronto, Ontario) – 2006
- DC Independent Film Festival (Washington, USA) – 2006
CURATED SCREENINGS / EXHIBITIONS
- "Memory Work: The Films of Cecilia Araneda," curated by Scott Birdwise, Canadian Film Institute (Ottawa, Canada) - 2010
- "a woman is not an island," Winnipeg Cinematheque (Winnipeg, Manitoba) – 2006